Financial Coach Training-Spring 2021
Learn to coach others on financial literacy topics through a dynamic, interactive coach training that combines fundamental coaching skills with strong financial content and cultural humility. The course purposefully pairs coaching and financial topics so that participants get immediate practice and feedback on their financial coaching skills.
- 40 hour course
- Highly interactive with authentic coaching practice
- Additional 4 hours of prep work is encouraged but not required
- Participants to leave with the knowledge and tools they will be able to easily integrate into their day-to-day work.
This 40 hour training is qualifies towards CNM's Financial Coach Certification.
This course is offered in the Spring and in the Fall.
Course DatesApr 19, 2021 - Apr 23, 2021
Enrollment DeadlineEnrollment ends in 5 months 14 days
$ 799.003% Refund Fee
$ 799.003% Refund Fee
Line Worker Pre-Apprenticeship Program
Become a Line-Worker
This course introduces the fundamentals of basic electricity, proper pole climbing techniques, proper use and care of PPE, safe work practices, basic knowledge of the function of the power grid and general knowledge necessary to prepare them for a career in the electrical linework industry. The course combines classroom time and field work in the outdoor lab at the CNM Rio Rancho campus with a strong emphasis on outdoor lab work.
As a bonus, earn your Class A CDL!
Receive the training necessary to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License and obtain your Class A CDL as a prerequisite to receiving Line-Worker certification. If you already have your Class A CDL, save $1000 on the tuition ($7,999).
Real World Experience
This program also includes an internship in the electric utility industry as a prerequisite to receiving program certification.
The pre-apprentice program consists of three phases:
- hands-on lab, and
Upon completion of this course, students will have an understanding of:
- Safety, including general and industry specific safety practices, care and use of Personal Protective Equipment and first aid.
- Basic Electricity, including Ohms Law, basic circuits and electrical math calculations.
- Pole Climbing, including use and care of climbing equipment, proper use of fall arrest equipment, determining the condition of a pole prior to climbing and pole top rescue.
- The electric system, including sources of generation, functions of a substation, and determining voltage levels.
- Basic Lineman skills, including pole setting, stringing and sagging conductors, application of pre-formed ties, application of armor rod and grounding.